Click Course Location(s) below to book a course
The Greenhouse, Amos Drive, Greencroft Ind Est. Annfield Plain, Stanley DH9 7XN next running Thu 22 November 2018 at 13:30
View location in a new window
Group Work Skills
Working in groups is not always easy. This session will offer an introduction to group work skills with the aim to equip you with the skills required to set up and facilitate an effective group. Participants will learn facilitation skills and techniques to encourage and support a group of people to achieve their goal or objectives. It will look at the value of planning and preparation in group work, the importance of group dynamics when delivering a session, the use of activities, as well as the importance of evaluation and reflection to develop and build good practice.
- Identify why groups can work in health improvement
- Explore the value of planning and preparation in group work
- Consider the importance of group dynamics when delivering a session
- Explore activities that can be used in group work
- Recognise the importance of evaluation and reflection to develop and build good practice
Please see the “How to Book” section of our booking website http://www.hits.cdd.nhs.uk which states that “If you do not attend and have not informed us at least 2 working days prior to the session a charge of £25.00 will be made”.
Please note lunch is not provided so you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch.
Also please be aware some venues charge for car parking.
Provider: Health Improvement Training Solutions
Return to list of results